Terms & Conditions
Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use which govern Membership Solutions Ltd’s relationship with you in relation to this website. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The term ‘Membership Solutions Ltd’ or ‘MSL’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Warwick SUHQ, University of Warwick, Gibbet Hill Road, Coventry CV4 7AL. Our company registration number is 5525449 registered in England and Wales. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Privacy & Security
As part of Membership Solution Ltd’s commitment to client care, we take care to protect the information you supply to us. MSL is registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Act 1998 with registration number Z1573054.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We also take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used. However, we may need to disclose your information to lawful authorities if required to do so by law.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name, job title and responsibilities
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to understand your needs in order to provide you with a better service and for:
- Internal record keeping
- Improving our products and services
- Supporting your use of the MSL system with email updates about new releases and maintenance work etc.
- Sending promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- Contacting you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
3rd party data processing
Our web chat facility is hosted by Click4Assistance Limited. Click4Assistance does not disclose our clients’ personal data to any third party nor do they use the data to generate ad revenue.
By signing up for MSL system access (i.e. to log into the MSL website) and providing us with your personal data, you are consenting to the collection and use of any information you provide in accordance with the above purposes and this privacy statement.
If you are a registered user, please make sure any information you provide to us is up-to-date and accurate and let us know of any changes as soon as you can. You will be responsible for keeping your user name and password confidential and secure and for all use made of your account, whether or not it is used by you or with your authority. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use or other security breach and always ensure you close your browser at the end of each session. You may not transfer any rights we grant you as a registered user to anyone else.
Right of access
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you, which is called a ‘subject access request’, for which we charge a fixed fee of £10.
Applying for information about you
You can write to us at any time to obtain details of the personal information we may hold about you. Only postal requests are accepted. We will not accept any requests for information about other people.
Please write to: The Data Controller, Membership Solutions Ltd, Union North Building, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL
Your request must include:
- Your contact details
- Proof of identity (e.g. a photocopy of your passport or driving licence)
- A cheque or postal order for £10.00 made payable to ‘Membership Solutions Limited’, which is the statutory fee for data requests
- What type of data you are requesting
Once the fee has cleared, we will respond within 40 days with either a statement of the data we are holding about you or confirmation we are not holding any data about you. Alternatively, if there is a need to request further information from you to fulfill your request we will do so.
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards
MSL is officially certified by an independent assessor as compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards PCI DSS v3.2 for Service Providers.
Our PCI DSS attestation of compliance certificate (AOC) is available to all MSL clients by email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSL’s policy and commitment to its clients is to maintain its certification to the PCI DSS standard as is appropriate to the MSL System design wherever it has a potential impact on the security of any purchaser’s cardholder data.