Autumn 2020 release round-up: Our hard working development team was especially busy over the summer so we are pleased to bring you details of some of the newer features and improvements released over the last few months which you may have missed. Many of our developments are driven by you and so we're always excited to release new features that have been requested by you and your teams.
Highlights from 16 summer releases include:
- MSL Attendance: We're sure you've seen details of our newest module but, just in case, MSL Attendance has been developed to make it easy to record student and staff visits to your meeting rooms, buildings, outlets, conference facilities and event venues - easy to maintain records, comply with legislation and managed within your existing MSL System.
- Web-based election count: As part of the move to a completely web-based system and the improved access that brings, the election count and results are now available to election and site admins in the Admin Web within the 'Voting' section, meaning admins can view and access these details whenever and wherever they need to.
- Registration & Logging In: To help reduce your admin and manual tasks, people can now be registered on-the-fly via SSO - there is no need for them to be in the data - and existing records within the student data file are no longer over-written. Where your SSO can be configured to suit, we suggest that this should be the default option.
- StudentLink: Improvements include: 'My ID' identification via barcode, QR code or photo; deep-linking directly to specific events, articles or elections; ability to view external URLs and content in-app; improved list view of news and events plus improved analytics. Your app users now have even quicker and easier access to the content and features they need on the move.
- Stripe: Enabling easier and quicker payment options for your students, Stripe is now available for online transactions made by payment cards, digital wallets, local payment methods and in over 135 currencies - removing friction from the payment process.
- POS: We've simplified the admin for the zero valued memberships or tickets you sell: integrated refunds now allow refunds for zero value items, with a bulk refund option available on request
- Website: Now your student groups can engage with more potential members with the new Interest List widget, which allows people to register interest in a student group without going through the membership purchase process.
- Memberships: We've made an option available to extend current memberships that roll over year on year to a specified future expiry date. No need to diarise reminders or ask the MSL team to reacivate them...
- Message Centre: External recipients of your messages can now be uploaded as an Excel spreadsheet to speed up the process of sending out your comms.
- Web-based POS: This much requested development is close to completion and will include sales and collections plus a customisable 'quick sale' list for popular products, from any web-enabled device to help you makes sales point from anywhere on campus.
- StudentLink+: This enhanced version of the StudentLink app will enable you to use your own branding in both the iOS and Google app stores - the new release of StudentLink+ will reinforce your trusted brand so students know they are accessing your authorised content.
Check the Releases page and Recent Projects to stay up to date with what's new by date or by area.
As always, we welcome your feedback on these releases.