MSL is seeking a Customer Services Coordinator to join our team. We are looking for looking for an adaptable new team member to provide knowledgeable support to its customers. Approachable and friendly, you will have a curiosity for all things digital, providing unrivalled customer service. You will be a dynamic problem solver with previous experience in a customer-facing support role and have the necessary skills to resolve day-to-day technical support issues.
MSL is seeking a Customer Services Coordinator to join our team.
Membership Solutions Ltd (MSL) is the market-leading provider of online solutions to support student engagement and enrichment to student organisations. Since our beginnings at Warwick Students’ Union in 2005, we have worked with students’ and sports unions, associations, guilds and societies in the UK, Ireland and Australia – today more than 50% of all higher education students in the UK have access to information and services made available by MSL technologies.
MSL is expanding its customer service team and is looking for an adaptable new team member to provide knowledgeable support to its customers. Approachable and friendly, you will have a curiosity for all things digital, providing unrivalled customer service. You will be a dynamic problem solver with previous experience in a customer-facing support role and have the necessary skills to resolve day-to-day technical support issues.
We are a small team with a purpose, and this is a great opportunity to join us and help us meet our ambitions and those of our partner clients. We learn every day and support our partner clients and colleagues by applying that knowledge.
You will be able to communicate effectively with current MSL customers daily, and colleagues in different areas of the business, taking responsibility for support calls and enquiry resolution, delivering relevant advice, training and updating our support documentation where necessary.
You will also assist with ongoing maintenance tasks, providing recommendations on how to improve MSL’s internal processes, and be able to communicate MSL best practice to existing and new customers.
- Providing friendly and engaging advice and support for MSL customers via telephone, email, live chat and the MSL case tracking system, assigning enquiries and issues to other members of the team where necessary.
- Responding to reported issues according to priority.
- Keeping user and internal documentation up to date.
- Delivering training on system use to new and existing customers both face to face (either onsite at our client’s offices or at MSL’s offices on the University of Warwick campus) and over web conference.
- Upholding MSL’s values - Aim High, Make a Difference, (Be) Straightforward and Fair, Apply our Knowledge, Stay Curious and (Work in) Partnership.
- Any other duties that may from time to time be reasonably required by the Customer Services Manager.
Your essential skills/knowledge/qualifications
- Ability to prioritise and estimate time required to complete tasks. Update the case tracking system with relevant information to keep the team informed.
- Clear written communication laid out and formatted to expected standards.
- Exercises proactivity and creativity when identifying solutions to customer issues.
- Personally commit to and take ownership for actions to resolve customer issues to the satisfaction of the customer and MSL.
- Answer emails, phone calls and live chat within agreed time limits. Communicate status, fixes, and resolutions clearly, in understandable terms.
- Good understanding of the Data Protection requirements relating to the system and its usage.
- Demonstrable experience of providing exemplary customer service with an awareness of personal impact on the customer’s experience.
- Evidence of significant experience of working independently, accurately, with attention to detail and to deadlines within a team environment both office and home based
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of your work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication to simplify and provide complex information in a way that supports positive customer outcome.
- Good all-round IT skills and articulate, confident, and competent in using all aspects of MS Office, including PowerPoint and Excel. Experience of using either CMS or CRM systems desirable.
- Ability to prioritise and to schedule work under pressure, using own judgement to ensure that all duties and work are completed on time.
- Demonstrable administrative skills.
Your desirable skills/knowledge/qualifications
- Prior knowledge of the MSL System functionality and how it is used.
- Effective training delivery.
- Knowledge of student organisations and the Higher Education (HE) sector.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status. We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
Whoever you are, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about us at www.ukmsl.com.
Salary range: £22k - £24.5k per annum dependent on skills and experience
Benefits: 22 days annual leave plus 15 days leave around and including public holidays fixed by the Company.
Hours: Minimum 37.5 hours per week, starting in the role at core office hours (09:00 to 17:00). Some flexibility is required as occasional early mornings, late evenings and weekend cover will be necessary with advanced notice to support our overseas customers during periods of increased demand.
Location: MSL are trialling a hybrid working approach with office and home-working. Our office is located on the University of Warwick campus, but you may be expected to work in Coventry or anywhere within a 10-mile radius as required. MSL will provide an office workspace to anyone wishing to work in an office environment more frequently.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting why you feel you are the right person for this role and answer the following: Tell us about a technical problem you have solved, and how you solved it?
Closing date: Sunday 16th January 2022 at 12pm midday.
Interview date: Monday 24th January 2022 (You must be available to attend an interview (either virtually or in-person to be confirmed) on this date if shortlisted)
This vacancy and advert will be closed when sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you submit your CV as soon as possible.
No agencies please