MSL is seeking a Business Development Manager to join our team.
MSL is the market-leading provider of online solutions to support student engagement and enrichment to student organisations. Since our beginnings at Warwick Students’ Union in 2005, we have worked with students’ and sports unions, associations, guilds and societies in the UK, Ireland and Australia – today more than 50% of all higher education students in the UK have access to information and services made available by MSL technologies. We are a small team with a purpose, and this is a great opportunity to join us and help meet our ambitions and those of our partner clients. We learn every day and support our partner clients and colleagues by applying that knowledge.
You will be a pro-active, consultative sales professional who wants to help us to help our clients to make a difference. The role will be focused on developing and winning new clients as well as renewing existing clients and helping to identify where they may benefit from complementary MSL services. You will be a team player but able to work autonomously.
You will be adept at identifying and qualifying new opportunities and managing the sales cycle, your pipeline and reporting from first engagement to contract signature. With a growth mindset you will take ownership to learn about MSL products and services and how they may benefit clients as well as the changing landscape of the sector and individual clients.
Download the job description.
- Proactively identify new opportunities: open, nurture, pursue and close sales leads with new and current clients
- Own the entire sales process from the first contact to the signed agreement
- Create strategic sales and account management plans and execute against them
- Effectively and efficiently manage a pipeline
- Manage the client contract renewal process to a high professional standard.
- Meet and exceed sales targets and KPIs
- Accurate and timely reporting of forecasts, pipelines and orders against plan
- Manage and lead the preparation and presentation of proposals to prospective clients including responding to tender opportunities
- Collaborate on marketing campaigns through direct market and client engagement
- Qualify and educate prospective clients to ensure a mutually beneficial business fit
- Continuously develop knowledge of product, market and clients
- Provide internal feedback on market/product – internally champion the customer
- Collaborate with MSL Customer Services and Customer Success team on client support and account development initiatives.
- Contribute to the overall business strategy, governance and management
Your essential skills/knowledge/qualifications
- Experience in a similar account executive/business development role in a growing technology, software or solutions related business
- Experience of selling software-as-a-service solutions
- A quantifiable track record of sales success
- Target and achievement driven with strong commercial aptitude and work ethic
- Highly resilient and determined
- Equally at ease working autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent personal interaction and influencing skills at all levels within an organisation
- Excellent communication skills – talking and listening - across all media including telephone, email, social, video and in-person
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- High level understanding of web and software technologies
- Confident and competent user of the Microsoft Office suite especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proficient user of online presentation and collaboration software
- Proficient user of CRM systems
- Excellent collaboration with colleagues and clients
- Able and willing to travel in the UK and if required overseas
- Able and willing to work from an office or remotely from home
- Full driving licence and passport
Your desirable skills/knowledge/qualifications
- Knowledge of UK Higher Education market
- Experience in the education or training sector
- Selling theory and principles from formal education or training
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status. We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
Whoever you are, we’d love to hear from you.
Download the job description.
Annual basic salary: £30-35k per annum dependent on skills and experience + OTE + benefits.
Hours: A minimum working week of 37.5 hours will be required each week. Core office hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Flexibility is required to meet the demands of the post, including an occasional requirement for weekend and evening work.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a short covering letter highlighting your suitability for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of Wednesday 11th November.
This vacancy and advert will be closed when sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you submit your CV as soon as possible.
No agencies please